Photographs by Vanessa Gillen

Photographs by Vanessa Gillen
The evening view from our house

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Outside the kitchen window.....

It never ceases to amaze me - the wildlife that wanders around our garden. at any given time. This morning I have seen sunbirds, a spangled drongo, a female wallaby with joey in her pouch, a pair of orange-footed scrub fowls, a group of figbirds and ofcourse the usual brush turkeys. This is the first time I have ever seen the scrub fowls here - I am sure they are all through the forests but not something you see everyday. I suspect it is the lovely mango's as the wallaby had a great time up there eating them.

The place is alive with sound of dropping mango's and the smell of their rotting flesh, the sweet smell of the yellow Cassia flowers and the red colours of the Poinciana. I will miss this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment